Friday, August 14, 2015

Outreach In Potong Pasir SMC


We knocked at every door. From floor to floor and block to block, we walked. From Toa Payoh Lorong 8 to Potong Pasir and back and forth, we walked. I can't remember how many times we did this and we met and spoke with so many people.


From stall to stall, coffeeshop to coffeeshop, table to table, shop to shop, street to street, we walked.  There were people who recognised me, called out my name, waved to me, embraced me, wiped my sweat and asked to take pictures with me.


The people in Potong Pasir SMC make me feel so much at home and I feel more and more connected to this ward with each visit. They invited me into their homes, talked to me about their experiences and encouraged me to come visit them more often. This ward has so much character and the residents are so approachable and direct that you can't help liking them. 


I enjoy doing my walkabouts in this ward and meeting the residents. It's such a joy each time I walk here. And my team feels it too.

1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed you may feel good and wanted.
    but think not only twice see the big picture please. Your action may only help PAP to win again and wrost why donor your $$$ to GOV. Must well give to the old or needed folks.
    May God Bless You and enlighten you and your action to serve all..... By redrawing to avoid 3 parties fight will be your best service to the us.

    ReplyDelete