Monday, July 6, 2015

A special Payot event


It was a charming catamaran that was set to sail from the Singapore Yacht Club. It has been chartered by SPA, a subsidiary of Luxasia, for a special Payot event.


It was the first time that I was going out to sea with Elson and Jacky and taking a reprieve from our daily schedules. We sailed past St. John's Island and headed towards Lazarus Island to watch the sunset.


I have always enjoyed going out to sea. I used to be canoe enthusiast in my undergraduate days and on holidays, I particularly enjoy cruises. The sound of the waves was simply therapeutic, to say the least, and the winds always so invigorating. The guests were spoiled with plenty of finger-food, wine and soft drinks and the mood was totally relaxing.


We arrived at Lazarus island and the crew began preparing dinner. The spread included barbecued prawns, satay, chicken wings and fried rice. Soon, the sun began to set and the cameras were clicking away. On the return leg, Elson was invited to sing and that started a karaoke session. Joining in the fun, I sang a Chinese romantic ballad, titled Two Butterflies. It's been quite a while since I last sang karaoke.


I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Nature has its healing powers. If you ever feel like getting over your stress, just go listen to the sounds of the sea and enjoy the beautiful sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment